Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Glass table


Our pride and joy, we made this sturdy little table just this week. Materials include an industrial pallet, reclaimed glass from an old table, and 4x4 cedar legs held in with 3/8th inch steel hex bolts. We're very proud of how it turned out. I get lost in the doubly obstructed view through the wooden slats and tempered glass.
I think this table would qualify as modern industrial. It would look great with anything of either world. I would like to imagine it as the setting of a breakfast niche in a warehouse apartment.
I doubt anything we make will ever be as undeniably sturdy as the base of this table. I mean could you take a hammer to the glass top? Yes. But the wooden frame is stronger than most New York City doors and apartment walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment